How to confirm identity on Venmo?
As per federal law directives, Venmo needs to collect certain specific information about the users. Individuals can only make payments once they have verified their identity on Venmo. For this, you have to furnish some basic details about yourself like your name, the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) or your TIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).
Hence, you might get an email from Venmo asking to confirm identity or Venmo confirm identity SSN. It is to be noted that it is possible to verify your identity and provide your identity details only through the Venmo app. This provision cannot be accessed from the Venmo website.
It typically takes a few minutes for the identity verification process to complete; however, sometimes it may take up to 2-3 business days, in case the team is unable to reach the National Database.
You can take help of the below steps to verify your identity:
- Launch the Venmo app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Then, go to the menu section of the app which is located towards the top-left corner of the Venmo app screen.
- From there navigate to the Settings section.
- Under the Security section, you will find the option called Identity Verification.
- Tapping the Identity Verification option will take you to the One-time security check page where you can tap Next to continue.
- Here you have to enter your first and last name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- In case you don’t have your SSN, then you can use your ITIN, US passport details, driver’s license, etc.
- Once you finish all formalities of your Venmo verify identity procedure, you will then be able to use your Venmo app freely.
How to verify Venmo account without SSN?
If you don’t have SSN, then you might need to provide additional information including your US passport details, driving license details, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or its assignment letter, SSN assignment letter, or a tribal I.D. card.
Venmo confirm identity email 2021
If you have received an identity confirmation email from Venmo, then it means that they are unable to verify your identity and hence require your data and documents again.
Is Venmo app identity verification safe?
Yes, Venmo Identity Verification is absolutely safe because Venmo provides data protection and safeguards your data. It only collects identity related information of individuals as per the directives of the federal law.
Why is Venmo App asking for my SSN?
Is Venmo asking for SSN? It is for the purpose of verifying your identity.
Why is Venmo asking me to confirm my identity?
Venmo is directed by the federal law to collect identity related information about all individuals who are using Venmo. If the team is unable to verify your identity, then you need to update your identity information again.
Should I confirm my identity on Venmo app?
Yes, you must confirm your identity on Venmo once you are notified by email. Failing to do so will lead to the cease of money transfer and payment options.
How long does it take for Venmo to verify your identity?
Generally, the identity verification process should happen immediately after submission of requisite information. However, sometimes if the team is not able to trace your information on the National Database due to some change in name or address, then they might ask you to send valid document proof via the app to verify your identity. The document review process may take up to 2 to 3 business days.